Skip to main content

EFCC releases Obi Cubana after three nights in custody

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has finally released businessman Obi Cubana. 

He was arrested and taken to the headquarters of the anti-graft agency, Jabi, Abuja, on Monday, November 1, following allegations of money laundering and tax fr*ud.

He was, however, released on Thursday evening, November 4, after he had spent three days in detention undergoing interrogations.

According to the spokesman of the commission, Wilson Uwujaren, who confirmed the release to reporters on Thursday night, Cubana was allowed to go after the crack detectives of the commission completed their questioning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NBA Youngboy now a father of 7 at age 21 after welcoming child with Yaya Mayweather

NBA YoungBoy, who turned 21 in October 2020, has welcomed his 7th child already.   The Baton Rouge, Louisiana-born rapper welcomed his 7th child with Yaya Mayweather, the 20-year-old daughter of Floyd Mayweather Jr.   Back in October, Yaya’s father, Floyd Mayweather Jr., confirmed that his daughter and NBA YoungBoy were expecting their first child, saying: "I just want the best for my daughter, always want the best. If that makes her happy, then we’re happy, me and her mother are happy."   Just last year, on November 26, while awaiting the birth of his seventh child, Youngboy welcomed his 6th child with actress Drea Symone.   His 6th and 7th children are less than 2 months apart in age.   YoungBoy, whose real name is Kentrell DeSean Gaulden, began having kids as a teenager. Most of his kids are really close in age.     At age 18, he already had 4 kids (read  here ).     In total, the 21-year-old rapper has 5 sons...

Boko Haram throws Maiduguri into darkness again, blows up power tower.

Barely 72 hours after electric power was restored in Maiduguri, Borno State, Boko Haram insurgents on Saturday, March 27,  blew up another transmission tower in the city. Premium Times reports that the insurgents planted explosives on each leg of the tower, which they detonated at about 6 a.m. In January, the terrorists struck power installations thrice at a location about 50km from Maiduguri to keep the city in the dark. The power, was however, restored on Wednesday, March 24, after nearly two months of blackout. While reconnecting the installation, three TCN officials were severely injured by a landmine planted by the insurgents. Another official was said to have lost his life after falling off a tower. The city has now been thrown into another darkness following the Saturday morning attack.

Senator R. F Kennedy’s k*ller to be released after two of his sons voted in support

A California parole board on Friday, August 27, voted to release from prison Sirhan Sirhan, the man convicted of sh*oting d*ad Robert F. Kennedy in a 1968 a*sas*ination that rocked the United States. This comes after RFK’s two sons went against several of their siblings’ wishes and said they supported releasing him and prosecutors declined to argue he should be kept behind bars, AP News reports.  Douglas Kennedy was a toddler when his father was g*nned down in 1968. He told a two-person board panel that he was moved to tears by Sirhan’s remorse and that the 77-year-old should be released if he’s not a threat to others. Born March 19, 1944, Sirhan is a Palestinian militant who was found guilty of a*sas*inating the New York Senator and brother of slain president John F Kennedy in a Los Angeles hotel on June 5, 1968.  Robert F. Kennedy was campaigning for the Democratic presidential nomination to follow in the family footsteps when he was g*nned down. His m*rder came ...