Skip to main content

Coronavirus: North Korea first confirmed patient shot dead



To loosely quote Stalin, “No Patient Zero, No Problem.”

For weeks, the outside world has speculated about the severity of the coronavirus outbreak in North Korea. And the entire time, North Korea has persisted in insisting that it doesn’t have a coronavirus problem, even growing furious at a public offer of assistance from the State Department.

For all we know about the North Korean virus response, the government might have simply brainwashed the North Korean people into believing that loyalty to the Workers Party and Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un grants immunity to the virus. However, there have been whispers.

A few weeks ago, there were whispers that one of the first coronavirus patients in the country was brutally killed by the regime after escaping from a (probably unimaginably brutal) quarantine. Moreover, according to the rumor, he was executed via the traditional North Korean punishment of extirpating criminals by shooting them with an anti-aircraft slug.

Now, IB Times, a shady English-language news website with a reputation for occasionally scooping its more cautious competitors, is reporting that Kim Jong Un allegedly ordered the execution of the country’s first coronavirus patient. IBT cited an anonymous twitter account called “Secret Beijing”, claiming it has a history of reporting accurately.

According to Secret Beijing, an anonymous social media commentator, who terms himself as an analyst on China affairs, the patient was shot dead. The story is still developing and there is still no clarity on the details of the patient executed by North Korea.

The account points out that such brutal tactics are in line with the regime’s reputation.

It had been suggested last week that the patient had left quarantine to visit a public bath, and was killed for doing so. The victim caught the virus in China, then brought it back to NK. Pyongyang reportedly told the WHO that it had tested 141 suspected cases of coronavirus, and that all came up negative.

The South Korean press has reported that several cases have been identified in the North, with some of them leading to death, mirroring what’s happening in Iran’s obviously overwhelmed health-care system.

It’s believed that fear of the virus has kept KJU from appearing in public over the past few weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corps member slumps and dies in rivers state

A corps member, Atiye Florence Aduke reportedly slumped and died following an incident which occurred in her apartment at Abua Odual LGA in Rivers state where she was serving. . The member of 2019 Batch C, Stream 2 of the youth program who slumped and hit her head against a wall in her house on Wednesday May 27, died on Saturday May 30 after being rushed to the hospital. . Friends and loved ones of the deceased have taken to social media to pen down tributes to her.  Atiye Olawale wrote “Painfull exit, Atiye Florence Aduke u told me that I should come and visit you once u come back from Port Harcourt to Lagos of which i make move, before getting there, u call me on my way that “Bros Wale” don’t bother yourself ‘I will be fine’ but greet our mother for me till I come back from my journey. Not knowing that u are saying your last word.” 

Nigerians help me, my friend duped me – Actor Mr Portable cries out

Popular Nollywood Yoruba actor and producer, Olu Olowogemo Arijan also known as Mr Portable, has called on Nigerians to come to his aid after his friend duped him of his money. According to the actor, he was asked by the friend who is based outside of the country to sell his only car so he can get him another one from abroad. He went ahead to sell his car and sent the money to his friend only to be disappointed by the friend. He reported that it has been 2 years now since the man collected the money and nothing has been heard from him. Narrating his ordeal, Mr Portable beckoned on fans and followers to come to his rescue and let justice prevail. Sharing the video, he wrote: “Yes!! I was duped by a friend, ki Olorun gba wa lowo ota bi ore. He is hiding under the umbrella of not staying in Nigeria and I will hide under the voice of my lovers cause I know you people will come to my rescue and let justice be done. I have nothing, but I have my voice and you all,even if I am a millionaire, ...

Summon Fashola over Lekki tollgate camera - #EndSARS lawyer tells panel

A lawyer representing #EndSARS protesters at the Lagos state Judicial panel on Inquiry, Adesina Ogunlana, has called on the panel to invite the Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, over the camera he found at the Lekki tollgate on Sunday, October 25.   Fashola had accompanied some South-West governors and Ministers to Lagos to commiserate with the state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, over the massive destruction of lives and properties that took place in the wake of the hijacked #EndSARS protest. While taking a tour of some of the public facilities destroyed, Fashola found a camera which he said would help in the investigation.    At the resumed hearing of the panel on Friday, November 27, Ogunlana told the chairman of the panel, Retired Justice Doris Okuwobi, that the former Minister needs to be summoned so he can explain the circumstances in which he found a camera at the tollgate five days after the shooting incident.   He averred that t...